Beer Batter Fish Recipe
- 250ml rice oil
- 8 (125g) white fish fillets
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 (375ml) can or bottle beer
- Parsley to sprinkle
Preparation: 15min› Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 180 degrees C.
- Rinse fish, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Stir egg into dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix in beer until a thin batter is formed. You should be able to see the fish through the batter after it has been dipped.
- Dip fish fillets into the batter then drop one at a time into hot oil.
- Fry fish turning once until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
- Sprinkle with parsley.